Saturday, January 10, 2015

Dear God - an interview

3:30 am 1/10/15

Dear God

I ask: "Why?"
You say: "Because."
I ask: "How?"
You answer . . .
I ask: "When?"
You answer, "at just the right time."
I say, "I am worried."
You say, "Don't worry it will pass."
I say, "but I'm scared."
You say, "It's ok, I'm with you. Hasn't it been OK up to now?"
I say, "yes, but it's been hard."
You say, "It's OK, have you had fun? Have you grown? Have you had experiences? Have you gone places and seen stuff? Didn't I keep it all together? Aren't you happy? Have you had love? Have you done things, thought things, danced, sung, made love, fell in love, and all that stuff?
I say, "Yes."
You say, "Hasn't it been interesting?"
Me, "Absolutely, Yes!"
You say, "Well, guess what."
Me, "What?"
You, "It gets better. And better. And better, and it just keeps going."
Me, "But."
You, "But what?"
Me, "Well . . . never mind."
You, "Don't worry. It's perfect."
Me, "But."
You, "Really, it's OK. Even to worry. It can't break. But it's designed for exactly this, and only this. What you're getting out of it."
Me, "But . . ."
You, "Don't you want to do good?"
Me, "Yes."
You, "Great!"
You: "Do you like love?"
Me: "Yes, of course."
You: "Just keep doing that."
Me: "Anything else?"
You: "Well . . . "
Me: "What?"
You: "Don't worry. I've got everything covered. Just keep seeking. Be nice. Have fun. Don't let anyone get you down. Keep trying. Be happy. All that happy crap, you know. Mind your own business, don't judge.
Me: "But that all sounds kind of trite."
You: "I know."
Me: ". . . . . ?"
You: ". . . . !"
Me: " . . . . ?"
You: "I know you want answers. But you always have more questions. But you get answers, right?"
Me: "Yes."
You: "Keep doing that. Keep your intentions the best you can. Get rid of stuff where you doubt yourself. Keep striving, doing what's in front of you and trusting. Because I am running the show.
But you are with me. Just do the best you can.
Be kind. Be loving.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Sweetheart.
Because you are My Love and it doesn't get any better than that."
Me: "I know."
You: "That's a great place to start, and stay, by the way.
One last thing."
Me: "Yes?"
You: "Be grateful for your gifts, but especially your breath. Because it doesn't get more simple, or profound by what it's about. And you never have to worry about that, unless of course you choose to."




No comments:

Post a Comment